Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

JESUS WAS NOT SON OF GOD

Jesus never explicitly said 'I am the son of God' in the complete bible.
some people quote the verse from the bible which says 'Like father like son'. Son of God should be like God. Does Jesus have the attributes of God?

What about John 3:16 which says : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Other sons of God mentioned in the Bible

Adam - Luke 3:38 : Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.


Solomon - II Samuel 7:13,14 :-
Israel - Exodus 4:22 :- And you shall say unto pharoah, Thus said the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn


Angels - Job 1:6:- Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and satan came also among them.

2:1:- Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

38:7 :- When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?


David - Psalms 2:7:- I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, You art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Jesus refused to be called son of God

And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, You art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ. (Luke 4:41)

He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God (Luke 9:20 )

Jesus said he is the son of man about 84 times in the gospels

'CHOSEN ONE' IS REPLACED BY 'SON OF GOD' e.g.,

And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.(John 1:34)

The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God ( Mark 1:1 )

'YOUR GOD, MY GOD, YOUR FATHER, MY FATHER'

Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17 )

Melchizedek: 'No father, no mother, no ascendants, no descendants, no beginning of days or end of life...' (Hebrews 7:3)

Qur'an 19:88,89 'And they say: Allah has begotten a son...indeed you have brought forth a terrible evil thing.'

Qur'an 19:35 'It befits not Allah that he begets a son.'

What Bile says about God

O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end! (Deuteronomy 32:39)

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me (Isaiah 46:9)

Ye are my witnesses, said the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (Isaiah 43: 10)

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth (Exodus 20:3,4)

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images (Isaiah 42: 8)

Thus said the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (Isaiah 44: 6)

Even I am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. (Isaiah 43: 11)

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. (Isaiah 45: 21)

The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle. (Isaiah 13:4)

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. (Isaiah 45: 22)

(Isaiah 2:27)

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. (Isaiah 48:12)

Ye are my witnesses, said the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (Isaiah 43: 10)

Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. (Isaiah 42: 11)

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. (Isaiah 44:8)

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: (Isaiah 45:5)

Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. (Isaiah 41:4)

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:6)

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. (Exodus 33:20)

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Exodus 3:14)

To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? said the Holy One. (Isaiah 40:25)

Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only. (Isaiah 37:20)

Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting. (Isaiah 63:16)

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. (Isaiah 64:8)

For thus said the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:18)

God is the LORD, which hath showed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. (Psalms 118:27)

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. (Psalms 100:3)

(2nd Samuel 2:2)

Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? (Malachi 2:10)

Unto thee it was showed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (Deuteronomy 4:35)

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. (Deuteronomy 4:39)

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (Deuteronomy 6:4)

(2nd Samuel 22:32)

Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. (Isaiah 45:11)

(1st Kings 8:23)

And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? (2nd Chronicles 20:6)

This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:9)

Wherefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever. (1st Chronicles 29:10)

All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. (Psalms 86:9)

(2nd Samuel 7:22)

O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth. (Isaiah 37:16)

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. (Psalms 83:18)

Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins. (Isaiah 40:2)

The LORD shall reign for ever and ever. (Exodus 15:18)

For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death. (Psalms 48:14)

And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God. (Genesis 21:33)

But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. (Jeremiah 10:10)

They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish. (Isaiah 26:14)

But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. (Psalms 9:7)

The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land. (Psalms 10:16)

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (Isaiah 43:10)

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: (Mark 12:29)

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Matthew 4:10)

Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews. (John 7:13)

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (Matthew 23:9)

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. (John 21:17)

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him mustworship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:23,24)

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. (Matthew 11:25)

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. (John 11:41)

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17)

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:6)

But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:17,18)

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. (Luke 11:1-4)

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: (Matthew 7:26)

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:6)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1st Corinthians 8:6)

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. (1st Corinthians 8:4)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1st Timothy 2:5)

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. (Romans 3:30)

Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. (Galatians 3:20)

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(1st Timothy 1:17)

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. (James 2:19)

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Jude 1:24,25)

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. (Romans 16:25-27)

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; (1st Timothy 1:1)

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (1st Timothy 4:10)

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; (2nd Corinthians 1:3)

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (Ephesians 1:9)

And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (Romans 15:9)

Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; (1st Timothy 6:15)

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. (1st John 4:12)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, (1st Peter 1:3)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 1:8)

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: (Acts 13:23)

(Luke 3:40)

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. (John 8:42)

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30)

As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. (John 6:57)

Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: (John 8:54)

And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. (Matthew 20:23)

REASONS GIVEN BY CHRISTIANS TO CALL JESUS AS GOD

Ø BORN WITHOUT FATHER

Ø MIRACLES

Ø RISEN TO HEAVEN

Birth without Father:

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? (Genesis 18:23)

Similarity to Adam (Qur'an 3:59)

MIRACLES

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:(Acts 2:22)

Giving life to dead

Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. (John 11:21)

Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? (John 1:22)

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. (Acts 2:32)

The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. (Acts 5:30)

Others apart from Jesus who were risen to heaven

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. (Genesis 5:24)

And the time that David was king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months. (2nd Kings 2:11)

Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: (John 8:54)

Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel. (Matthew 15:31)

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (Matthew 16:15)

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16)

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 16:17)

Idol worship is going on in the Christian community in different forms:

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. (Jeremiah 17:5)

in the view of the above verse, Jesus also come under the term man and flesh. For example:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1st Timothy 2:5)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation? (Numbers 16:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment