Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

JESUS (PBUH) WAS A PROPHET OF ALLAH

Jesus said he is a Prophet. This can be clearly seen in the following verses from the Bible:

Jesus referring to himself said

"...a Prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house" (Matthew 13:57)

But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. (Mark 6:4)

Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. (Luke 13:33)

For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country. (John 4:44 )

And he said, Verily I say unto you, No Prophet is accepted in his own country. (Luke 4:24)

And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great Prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. (Luke 7:16)

People around him said he is a Prophet

"And the multitude said, this is Jesus, the Prophet of Nazareth of Galilee (Matthew 21:11)

But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.(Matthew 21: 46)

Others said, That it is Elias. And others said, That it is a Prophet, or as one of the prophets. (Mark 6:15)

And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: (Luke 24:19)


Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that Prophet that should come into the world. (John 6:14)


Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. (John 7:40)

They say unto the blind man again, What sayest you of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a Prophet. (John 9:17)

People around him considered him as Christ

When Herod the King had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and Scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. (Matthew 2:3,4)

And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. (Matthew 1:16)

And Simon Peter answered and said, You art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16)

And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give Jesus to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. (Luke 23:2)

Art you the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe (Luke 22:67)

He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God. (Luke 9:20)

And he said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and said unto him, You art the Christ. (Mark 8:29)

The woman said unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. (John 4:25)

Jesus lived as a Muslim

Submitted to the will of Allah –

Saying, Father, if you be willing, remove this Christ from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42,

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I Judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. John 5:30


Fasted forty days and forty nights - And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. Matt 4:2

He prayed on his forehead to One God - And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this Christ pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as you wilt. (Matt 26:39)


He greeted his disciples with the greeting of peace be unto you (as-salaamu alaikum)

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them, Peace be unto you. Luke 24:36


Then the disciples went away again unto their own home. John 20:10


Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. John 20:21


And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. John 20:26

Quranic references of his Prophet – hood

Ø The Messiah (Jesus) son of Mary, was no more than a messenger. (Al Qur'an 5:75)

Ø And remember when Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam said: "O children of Israel! I am the Rasool of Allah towards you, confirming the Torah which came before me, and to give you good news of a Rasool that will come after me whose name shall be Ahmed (another name of Muhammad, meaning 'The praised one')." But when he (Muhammad) came to them with clear signs, they said "This is plain magic." (Al Qur'an 61:6)

Ø In fact the example of the birth of Isa ( Jesus) in the sight of Allah is like the example of Adam who had no father and mother, whom He created out of dust, then said to him: Be" and he was.(Al Qur'an 3:59)

Ø Whereupon the baby spoke out: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet. (Al Qur'an 19:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment